Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We Don't Say Goodbye, but Rather See You Soon

After being home for a few days and getting adjusted back into our hectic lifestyles, we can't help but think about all the people we encountered over the previous week and the lives that were touched. We are reminded of how fortunate we are to be able to travel to different parts of the world and share the love of Christ with others. Each student I see around campus makes me think back on meaningful memories from our trip to Jamaica. I can't tell you how much it means to see our team using social media to tweet/retweet/favorite/post on Facebook about experiences from the trip and how much they already miss our time on the island. I'm encouraged and reminded as a leader of the impact that a mission trip can have on the individuals serving. Who would have thought three years ago that dreaming of serving in the Caribbean would turn into something so powerful as this. I'm very blessed to have the opportunity to lead such a unique group who left as individuals and returned as a united family. My desire is for more students to be able to experience a mission trip, whether it is ours or one of the many other ones offered by Greater Atlanta Christian School. Is it too soon to begin planning next year? I can't wait to see what is in store for us and the Jamaica 2014 team. Here is one final photograph from our trip that I hope many will remember for a lifetime. Yeah mon!!!!

                   -Coach Martin

Jamaica 2013 #Family

No comments:

Post a Comment